Whatever the reason, you can instantly customize and buy a car insurance policy when you get a Nationwide online insurance quote. You can even print your proof of insurance card. This is how it goes:
1. Gather the information you will need about your cars and drivers
Have the following fundamental details prepared for every driver on your policy in order to expedite the purchase of instant auto insurance online:
- Social Security number (optional)
- Driver’s license number
- Driving distance to work
- Driving violations, accidents or claims in the last five years (approximate dates and details)
- Make, model and year of your vehicle(s)
The information provided above can also be used to obtain classic car insurance if you own a collectible vehicle. Check your eligibility right away.
2. Get an insurance quote online
Your quickest route to an instant car insurance quote is through the Nationwide auto insurance quote tool. Then click Get a Quote after entering your ZIP Code. Then, respond to some inquiries about you, the car you want to insure, and the drivers of the car.
You can also call 1-877-669-6877 to receive quick car insurance quotes. Additionally, you can use our agent locator to find a local agent close by if you prefer working with one.
3. How to compare car insurance
After receiving your auto insurance quote, you might want to compare offers to see who has the best options for the type of coverage or policy you require. You should bear the following in mind when comparing:
- Coverages that are offered
- Discounts available
- Deductibles and liability limits
- Additional customizable features
4. Find Nationwide car insurance discounts
As you receive your instant auto insurance quote, Nationwide will work to find any possible policy-specific discounts for car insurance and help you save money by significantly reducing your premium.
- Discounts for multiple Nationwide insurance policies: Depending on your location, you may be eligible for lower rates if you have multiple Nationwide insurance policies.
- A safe driver discount may also be available to you if you maintain a clean driving record and refrain from speeding or reckless driving.
- Discount for anti-theft features: If your car has a passenger restraint system or other anti-theft technology, you could save even more.
- National SmartRide: The SmartRide programme, which is a usage-based programme that provides members with feedback to help promote safe driving, may also entitle you to a discount.
5. Understand your coverage options
You can choose from a variety of car insurance coverage options with Nationwide to help meet your needs. Common options for coverage include:
- Gap coverage
- Uninsured motorist
- Bodily injury liability
- Roadside Assistance
Learn more about the various auto insurance options offered by Nationwide.
6. Liability for car insurance
The most fundamental form of automobile insurance is considered to be liability coverage, which is also a requirement in the majority of states. In essence, you require it in order to operate a vehicle.
If you’re considering asking for a quote on liability-only auto insurance, be sure to understand what the policies covered and what they don’t. The simplest policy might keep you in compliance, but it won’t provide you with the necessary protection in the event of a serious accident or other car damage. You might be able to avoid major expenses in the future for a slightly higher cost.
7. Customize your policy with additional options:
The most well-liked and economical upgrades we offer are:
- Roadside Assistance: which can help you if you need a tow, jump-start or tire change
- Vanishing Deductible®: which lets you to take $100 off your deductible for every year of safe driving2
- Accident Forgiveness:, which means we won’t increase your auto insurance rates after your first collision that was your fault.
8. Select the auto insurance policy that’s right for you.
You will have a variety of options to choose from when you get your instant car insurance quote from Nationwide, making it simple to find a plan that fits both your needs and your budget. You can also alter the coverage to make a policy that is more unique, you can also alter the coverages.
9. Choose a payment method and buy your insurance instantly.
Simply select a payment option after selecting a policy to complete the transaction. After that, you can print out or download your proof of insurance card.